Wednesday, July 08, 2009

MC scores high, always. But so does the Governor.
Should some people be proved right to use such methods to have someone ousted of office?
MC has a point, if her decision is motivated based on she's scared with the consequences, an idea that some are trying to diffuse but it doesn't match the impression I had listening to her declaration.
Doesn't she say, I will be responsible and act accordingly not just for myself but also for my opponents? Doesn't she say, my constituency elected a Governor for Alaska not a VP candidate for the 2009 GOP ticket? Doesn't she say, I'm sad at the idea to see myself unable to be the Governor I was but the bill for my candidacy as VP for the GOP has been sent not to me but to Alaskans, it's unfair, unjust but that's where we are, my promise to Alaskans as Governor must prevail, their interests come first, my opponents are ready to use Alaskan's taxpayers in that fight, I am not, I refuse to see the state's money wasted in legal fees just aimed at fighting with some irresponsible people?
MC made another point, some will conclude she's quiting under the pressure, won't believe her explanation. Well, that may be the case if she can't be heard but she has time and there is no reason to think today she can't be heard based on what she has to say, it's common sense and most can be reached by her arguments.
When she says, look, filing without any kind of "ethics" "ethic complaints" may have been fair game in the political area in the passed, it wasn't right whatsoever but, alright, how it was....
Today, now, it can't be the case anymore... not just in Alaska.... when the Federal deficit is raging, when the debt is in trillions, when the Federal Gov may go for a second stimulus, when the first stimulus was in billions of dollars of taxpayer's money, when the economy has lost millions of jobs and is still loosing jobs, when throughout the country for cities, counties and states, the financial stress is dear, when all the communities whatever their sizes have to priotise their spending, the taxes cannot, must not be wasted in political games.
Isn't she right?
Whan she says, I asked my opponents to come to their senses for quite a while before we reached 2 millions dollars, I expected them to do so, I called for a more responsible way of spending stating that at a challenging time for the economy we had to find better ways for the political debate than courts and lawyers in the best interest of the taxpayer but they decided to go ahead with an agenda that has nothing to do with Alaska, I coudn't let them go ahead careless for the consequences for the state's finances.
Isn't she right?


No comments: